June 29, 2014

Now Accepting Orders for Watercolor Portraits!


I'm back! And what have I been up to? I moved back home, to Oakland!
"Rainbow over Lake Merritt" by flickr user Daniel Ramirez

And something new: I've been painting portraits.
(click to zoom)
The first portrait is entitled “Refuge.” The sitter, Janice, is depicted nestled under a cozy afghan, protected by her little white guard dog, Coda. Janice told me that when she lived in the snowy midwest, she would start knitting a blanket at the beginning of summer and be done with it just in time for winter. This image captivated me and led to this portrait.

(click to zoom)
The second portrait is of Q, a dear friend's baby, in celebration of his first birthday. Q is a very happy baby and I wanted to capture his infectious joy in this painting.

I am now accepting orders for portraits (both humans and pets). 
They make wonderful gifts for the holidays, and to commemorate milestones such as birthdays, anniversaries, retirement, marriages, and births. I prefer to work from both sketches and photographs, so it helps if you live in the San Francisco Bay Area—if not, just contact me, and I'll see if we can work together. I prefer to interview the subject to get a feel for their personality and life experiences. Portraits take 4-8 weeks to complete. 

I'd love to answer any of your questions, so please email me at jess@jessjakus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment